Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

FRIDAY, September 17th

OBJECTIVE: Today we will learn how to use the TAG strategy to write a constructed response. 


Agenda: 
Please have your homework on your desk and ready to be collected.
DO NOW: 
Which one of the following answers is the best response to this question: 
What are your two favorite colors? Explain why each is your favorite.
a. My two favorite colors are blue and green. Blue is my favorite color because it reminds me of the ocean and I love the beach. The color green reminds me of St. Patrick's Day, one of my favorite holidays. 
b. Blue and Green are my favorite colors. 
c. I like the color blue because it has a calming effect. Blue reminds me of a peaceful sky and tranquil ocean. I also wear a lot of blue clothing.

Writing a constructive response using the TAG strategy:


Step 1 : Read the question and identify the different parts of the question

Step 2: Read the article and circle or highlight any information that will help you answer the question.

Step 3: Use the TAG strategy to write a response to the question. 


Turn the question into a statement


Answer the question


Give examples and evidence (Proof, facts, quotes)

Constructing a Writing Response 



EXIT TICKET: Describe one thing you learned in class today.

HOMEWORK: Read your independent reading book for 20-30 minutes this weekend. In your notebook, summarize what you have read in 2 sentences.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment